If you are applying for a scholarship or Counselor or TA position, you must submit your application as well as the additional materials listed below, by April 29, 2017. Private Teacher Scholarships will be accepted until May 20, 2017.
West Valley Music Scholarship
This scholarship, generously donated by West Valley Music in Mountain View, CA, will provide one student with a full scholarship to the Areon Summer Flute Institute. Students must currently be taking lessons at West Valley Music. Students must demonstrate both talent and financial need by submitting the following:
- A recording of two contrasting pieces in different styles and tempi which demonstrate the applicant's level;
- A current musical resume or bio;
- An essay explaining:
- What the applicant hopes to gain from attending ASFI; and
- A statement of financial need written by either the student or the parent (must be signed by a parent/guardian) OR a copy of their parents' 2015 tax return.
Email the recordings and resume/bio (and statement of financial need, if you choose) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're sending a tax return, mail to: Areon Flutes, 55 Taylor St., San Francisco, CA, 94102. All materials must be received by April 29, 2017.
Areon Need-based Scholarship
Areon Flutes will provide a number of partial scholarships to students in need of financial assistance. Students of all levels (beginning-advanced) are eligible. Students must submit:
- A recording of one piece;
- A copy of the applicant’s current musical resume or bio;
- A statement of financial need written by either the student or the parent (must be signed by a parent/guardian) OR a copy of their parent’s 2015 tax return.
Email the recording and resume/bio (and statement of financial need, if you choose) to email@example.com. If you're sending a tax return, mail to: Areon Flutes, 55 Taylor St., San Francisco, CA, 94102. All materials are due April 29, 2017.
Counselors and TA Positions
Areon Flutes will select 2-6 exceptional young adults for the positions of counselor and teaching assistant. Students must be between the ages of 15-22 and possess strong leadership abilities, initiative, and the desire to work closely with and encourage younger children. Interested students should create a public youtube clip (no longer than 4 minutes total) which includes:
- A performance of one movement/piece demonstrating his/her level,
- A personal statement describing why he/she is the best candidate for a counselor/TA position, including relevant skills and background experience,
- A demonstration of "Areon Spirit" (enthusiasm for Areon and the Areon Summer Flute Institute)
All students accepted as counselors will receive a partial scholarship (exact amount tba).
Email the link of your public youtube clip to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2017.