Areon Flutes Commissioning Prize Application Form
- Winner will receive a $1000 commission to write a new work for Areon Flutes for the 2019-2020 season.
- Deadline: January 1, 2018.
- Winner will be announced in March 2018.
- There is no application fee.
- Composers aged 18 and over (as of January 1, 2018) of any nationality may apply.
- Please write a short description of the piece you might want to write for Areon Flutes if you win the commissioning prize.
- Please submit scores and recordings (audio or video) with a link via Dropbox or equivalent below. 2 scores with recordings of recent works that include at least one flute in the instrumentation. If you do not have many works with prominent flute parts, we encourage you to share the works that best represent your abilities and style as a composer.
- We discourage MIDI realizations but we will accept them if no other recording is available.
- Scores must be in PDF format.
- Score and sound recording links should be to individual files or tracks, not a folder full of files or a webpage with multiple scores, etc.
- Please make sure that your link can be accessed by anyone with the link, and that there is no login required.
- Please keep the links accessible through March 2018.
- All applicants will be notified during or before the month of March 2018 regarding the status of their application.
- If you did not receive an email confirming receipt of your application, it is likely that there was a problem with your application (incorrect email address, or technical issues on our part, etc.). In this case, please email Meerenai at email@example.com or resubmit your application.
- Should you have questions or concerns, please contact Meerenai Shim via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fine print:
- Incomplete applications or applications with broken links will be disqualified.
- The winner will deliver the commissioned work (between 8 and 20 minutes in duration) no later than January 30, 2019.
- The winner will meet with Areon Flutes three times, in person or remotely via video conference, to workshop their work in progress.
- First prize winners of the Areon Flutes International Composition Competition or first place winners in the Open Category of the Composition Competition are not eligible to win the 2018 Areon Flutes Commissioning Prize.
- Musicians and board members of Areon Flutes, Inc. may not enter the competition; likewise, their spouses, domestic partners and relatives may not enter the competition.
- Areon Flutes reserves the right to select no winner.